A cake full of chocolate and hazelnuts (and loooove!) in all possible ways. Chocolate powder and grated hazelnuts, mixed with vanilla and buttermilk, make this cake incredibly rich but in still tender and light. The dark chocolate glaze adds another dimension of chocolate depth. The hazelnuts on top add the crunch and some character. A cake you will love, forever and ever. Till your diet do you part.
Bake the cake!
- 1 cup sugar + 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 80 grams butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk + a table spoon of fresh lemon juice)
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup grated hazelnuts (pulse hazelnuts in the food processor until texture of coarse sand)
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugars until white and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until well incorporated. Add buttermilk and whisk.
- In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter in a greased pound cake pan and bake for 45-50 mins at 180 ºC/ 356 ºF. The toothpick should have a few crumbs when taken out of the cake.
- 80 grams of dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 table spoon butter
- Melt the chocolate in double boiler or microwave. Once melted, add the butter and mix with a spoon until well incorporated and glossy.
- Glaze the cake once cool.
- ½ hazelnuts coarsely chopped
Decorate with coarse hazelnuts. Enjoy with strong coffee.